Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So Long Pensacola

My last week in Pensacola is upon me. I honestly never thought I'd feel this sad about leaving. It's weird how a place I somewhat dreaded at first can become a beloved home. I'm not saying I love it here more than my real home, but I have become somewhat attached to Pensacola. Although, I do have to admit, there could not be a better time to be getting out of here. Let's just say the summer is not my favorite season here like it is at home. 

On Monday and Tuesday I had my checkout at the squadron and now have to checkout with the MPF tomorrow. (the MPF are basically the pencil pushers, once I check out with them, I am officially released from the command I am currently under) Slowly but surely I have been packing up my stuff and tomorrow I will be picking up the truck and packin' it in. Right now my plan is to leave Friday morning and arrive in Enid on Saturday. I am not sure of the stopping points because I have several options running through my head, but I'm leaning toward getting into Enid relatively early on Saturday. I am kind of tempted on stopping by the NCAA track National Championships in Fayetteville, Ark. GO TROJANS. 

Anyway, I'll likely be driving all day Friday and most of Saturday so, until then, Pray for SURF.

Chris

No comments: