Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lead sucks

Today I flew my second form against my partners third. The difference between this flight and last flight is that I flew lead instead of wing. So, instead of me constantly staring at him, he was constantly staring at me. I was in charge of the flight. I dictated where we were going and what we did. It's not really that hard because we do the same thing every time, but it did get difficult coming home. I was flying as lead and therefore making all the radio calls to the controllers. It got difficult towards the end there because as we were trying to come home, it seemed as though everyone who was in a plane at that very moment was trying to land at Whiting. We got cutoff a couple times and the radios were as busy as I've ever heard them. If was difficult to spot the other aircraft, fly a smart, stable platform in turbulence, listen to the radios, listen to the IP, and keep my sanity all at the same time, but, that's what makes it so fun. It is very rewarding, knowing what I just did would cause a lot of people to freak out. Anyway, we have another flight tomorrow morning at 600, and in case you were wondering, the guy's plane who tried to fake his death landed a couple miles from Whiting. If you don't know what I am talking about, turn on the national news. 

Chris 

No comments: