So, it ended up I was scheduled to fly on Monday, sit around both Tuesday and Wednesday, then fly Thursday and Friday. With this schedule and next Monday off, I would check next Thursday. Obviously, this is assuming nothing went wrong during the week. However, after being bored out of my mind on Tuesday and Wednesday, I was kind of motivated for flying after flying on Thursday. Then Friday came and the weather was marginal throughout the entire region. During our planning we weren't sure where to go, so we decided to go down to Tinker AFB in OKC. It seemed like a descent plan with the given situation. We got there and the weather was marginal but usable, but the longer time passed, the worse the weather became. Eventually, the instructor decided to head back home and the mission was canceled. Dave was flying the whole time, while I sat in the back. So, now I may not be checking next week either, because next Friday is supposed to be a no fly day. I hope I don't sit on my butt all next week, that would suck.
In other news, college football is here. We plan on going to experience Oklahoma State football this weekend. I miss college.
Until next time, pray for SURF.