Thursday, December 4, 2008

PA Solo

So after confidently allowing me to solo for the first time last week, the Navy cleared me to do aerobatic maneuvers by myself this week. Alright, I now have permission to do pretty much what I want in the plane. Smart decision? You tell me. No, but in all seriousness, it is not that bad. We are perfectly qualified to do the maneuvers they allow us to do. Nothing is too unsafe, meaning flying is inherently dangerous but they have deemed me qualified to do things by myself. So, after flying another dual PA flight on Tuesday which wasn't too fun due to adverse reactions of my stomach to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I had my second solo on Wednesday. This was actually kind of fun, I only wish someone was there to enjoy it with me. I was able to get some good practice on wingovers, barrel rolls, etc. So now I have another dual PA flight, which got cancelled this morning due to weather, tomorrow morning. Then I get to solo again. Yay. Watch out before you know it I'll be doing airshows. Anyway, that's all from me this week. Stefan might have his checkride and solo next week, but we'll see if he's that lucky. Chris is a long ways from checking so right now I'm dominating the race to finish this. I think potentially, if this pace keeps up, I could finish in February. Who knows. One step at a time. 

Until next time.

Chris

No comments: